Advanced Project Management (Smartsheet)
What is it?
Smartsheet is a work collaboration tool to manage any kind of work — from simple task lists to complex processes. Attach files, set alerts, automate workflows, plus Gantt charts views
There are two different license options. The first is called the individual plan and costs $100 per year. The second is called the business plan and costs $249 per year. The main advantages of the business plan are:
- custom dashboards which allow you to visualize live data.
- Report and filter data across multiple sheets
- Track and view all of the activities and changes made to a sheet, dashboard or report.
As a paying user on either account, you can invite an unlimited number of free collaborators to work on the sheets you create. Free collaborators can edit sheets and reports, attach documents, set alerts, and participate in discussions. However, they cannot create or own sheets the way a paid user can. They can also not add or delete or rename columns in a sheet.
If someone on your team already has a Smartsheet paid licence, you may wish to see if they can create the spreadsheets you need and make you a collaborator on those sheets. If this is done, you do not need to purchase your own Smartsheet subscription.
Who is it for?
The use of SIL Smartsheets is for anyone with an sil.org email address. As a Smartsheets user, you can invite non-SIL email addresses to access the sheets you create or collaborate on.
Who do I contact?
What GTIS Does
GTIS will deliver:
- JIRA, Smartsheet and/or Trello platform spaces as best fits your situation, for work tracking and project visibility
- The options to have these spaces locked down to a select few individuals, or open for broader collaboration
- Searchable topical information
- Email notifications of updates
What you do
The client will need to provide an engaged contact who can provide or assist GTIS in discovering the following types of information:
- The nature of the work to be tracked
- The staff members who will administer and populate these tools
- You can try out Smartsheet for a free 30 day trial by going to https://www.smartsheet.com/ and clicking the Login link. Click the Login with Google button and choose your SIL Google account. If after you have tried it out, you decide you want a Smartsheet license, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request a license. You will need to include a PMC entity code and account to charge.
- If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.