What is it?
You’re starting a complex project with multiple contributors. How are you going to track who is doing what task, in what order, and how they are succeeding? And how are you going to share that information with your own management? GTIS offers a suite of solutions to those very problems. Through cost effective collaborative tools JIRA, SmartSheet and Trello, we can provide you with the ability to manage your team’s work with clarity. These applications can be integrated with other SIL IT offerings, creating a seamless experience that allows your staff to easily interact with the tools and then get back to their “real” work.
The Task Tracking Service is comprised of three separate systems:
- JIRA: flexible and scalable issue tracker — www.atlassian.com/software/jira
- Smartsheet: work collaboration tool to manage any kind of work — from simple task lists to complex
processes. Attach files, set alerts, automate workflows, plus Gantt
charts views — www.smartsheet.com
- Trello: is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one
glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on what,
and where something is in a process. Click here for more information. — www.trello.com
Who is it for?
- JIRA: SIL and its "Insite" partners. An Insite account is required. A second instance of JIRA is available for language development and is open to the world.
- Smartsheet: staff of SIL and staff of any organization in the Bible translation movement. No account restrictions.
- Trello: SIL staff. An sil.org email account is required.
Who do I contact?
What GTIS does...
GTIS will deliver:
JIRA, Smartsheet and/or Trello platform spaces as best fits your situation, for work tracking and project visibility
The options to have these spaces locked down to a select few individuals, or open for broader collaboration
Searchable topical information
Email notifications of updates
What you will do...
The client will need to provide an engaged contact who can provide or assist GTIS in discovering the following types of information: